ENG vs WI | 1st Test Match Team and Preview | 08-07-2020 16:00
ENG vs WI 1st Test Dream 11 Match Prediction
Match: ENG vs WI Best Fantasy Team Prediction
Time: 08 July, 15:30 PM (IST)
Series:: West Indies Tour of England, 2020.
Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton.
After toss Update:
Team Form in Last Five Matches (most recent first)ENG: W W W L D
WI: W L L L W
Head to Head Stats
WI Won 57
- England and West Indies get an unusual test summer underway with the first of three tests, with the series opening in Southampton at the Ageas Bowl.
- England, without captain Joe Root, will be looking to kick on from a successful series in South Africa at the turn of the year, when they won three in a row to win the series 3-1.
- West Indies, meanwhile, have caused an upset against England before in test cricket and will be looking to upset the odds again in this match.
- With Joe Root absent, Ben Stokes will lead the team.
- Moeen Ali and Jonny Bairstow have already been confirmed as missing out – Dom Bess will play ahead of Ali and Jack Leach as the frontline spinner.
- The key selection decision will be which three of James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood and Chris Woakes will join Ben Stokes in the bowling attack.
- Shannon Gabriel has been added to the West Indian test squad after his performances in the warm-up matches and the tourists could therefore opt for the same pace attack that beat England in the West Indies in 2019.
- The squad includes potential debutants Nkrumah Bonner and Chemar Holder. The latter was in good domestic form with Barbados.