SIX vs THU Tips, Stats & Team for BBL T20 Match Prediction
Match: SIX vs THU T20 Match Prediction
Time: 15 January, 01:10 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground - Sydney, Australia
- Moises Henriques came back into form in Sydney Sixers last game with 49 from 35 balls. The captain is our pick for Sydney Sixers highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Ben Dwarshuis took 5-26 against Melbourne Renegades and is a strong choice for Sydney Sixers top wicket taker in the Sydney derby.
- Alex Hales has scored 181 runs in his last three innings and the English opener is well worth backing as Sydney Thunders highest run scorer against Sydney Sixers. Mohammad Hasnain has 7 wickets from only four games in the tournament and is our tip for Sydney Thunders top wicket taker in this fixture.
- The Sydney Sixers captain, Moises Henriques, began the competition in excellent form but has since gone off the boil. He looked back to his best in the last game and is our prediction for the Player of the Match Award.
TV Channel : Seven Network and Fox Sports will show this game in Australia. In India, you can watch it on Sony Six. Sky Cricket have the rights in the UK with Willow TV showing the match in the USA. In South Africa you can watch it on SuperSport with Sky Sports showing the game in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature will be in the mid-high 30s with a chance of thunderstorms during the evening in Sydney.
The pitch at the Sydney Cricket Ground is no longer the spinning track it was back in the 1990s. Expect the pace bowlers to get plenty of assistance in this match.
Sydney Thunder won the toss and chose to field in the last Sydney derby on Boxing Day. We predict that both captains will insert the other if they win the toss in this game.
W, L, L, W, W
✅ ❌ ❌ ✅ ✅
L, W, W, W, W
❌ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
SIX Team News:
- Moises Henriques side had no problem in defeating Melbourne Renegades in their last game but Sydney Thunder will be a much tougher proposition in this match. They were at full strength in their last game and they have no new injury worries ahead of this fixture.
THU Team News:
- Jason Sanghas side were on the receiving end of a returning Matthew Wade masterclass with the bat at the Marvel Stadium on Thursday. Although they lost their winning run, they still put in a good performance and we do not expect them to make any changes ahead of this match.
Josh Philippe (wk)
Moises Henriques (c)
Jason Sangha (c)
Baxter Holt (wk)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Small League Team will be added on match day.
Who will win today match: SIX vs THU BBL T20 Match Team
A Sydney derby is always an exciting occasion and with both teams in the top three positions, this should be a high quality and close game. We are predicting both teams to give a good account of themselves with Sydney Sixers coming out on top.
SIX Key Players:
The keeper-batter has gone through a barren patch of runs recently but he is a top quality player who will make another big score soon.
The Sixers captain hit 5 boundaries in the win against Melbourne Renegades and looks well set to make some more valuable runs in the rest of the BBL 2021-22.
The left-arm fast medium bowler has combined figures of 7-60 from his last two BBL matches.
THU Key Players:
The opening batter has not played an international game since 2019 but is now one of the most in-demand players on the T20 franchise circuit.
The young Pakistan pace bowler picked up 1 wicket in the last game but has caused batters problems throughout his short time in the tournament.
The spinner has taken wickets in each of the last three games and is always very economical when it comes to leaking runs.
SIX Team Form:
- The Sixers had their momentum interrupted with games postponed and a couple of defeats but they are no back on track.
THU Team Form:
- Sydney Thunders winning streak has ended after six games but they have more than enough talent to start another run of victories.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Sean Abbott, Daniel Christian, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Moises Henriques (c), Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Josh Philippe, Lloyd Pope, Jordan Silk, James Vince, Chris Jordan, Jackson Bird, Nick Winter, Lawrence Neil-Smith, Todd Murphy, Shadab Khan, Steve OKeefe, Justin Avendano.
Jonathan Cook, Ben Cutting, Brendan Doggett, Matthew Gilkes, Chris Green, Usman Khawaja (c), Nathan McAndrew, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha, Chris Tremain, Alex Hales, Baxter Holt, Oliver Davies, Sam Billings, Saqib Mahmood, Jason Sangha, Arjun Nair, Gurinder Sandhu, Sam Whiteman, Lachlan Hearne, Mohammad Hasnain.