SL vs ZIM Tips, Stats & Team for ODI Match Prediction
Match: SL vs ZIM ODI Match Prediction
Time: 18 January, 02:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd ODI Match
Venue: Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele
- Sean Williams played a brilliant inning in the last game and scored a scintillating 100. He is a good choice to be backed as Zimbabwe top scorer.
- Charith Asalanka has been in great form since last year and showed his class in the first ODI after scoring a terrific 50. He is a great pick to be backed as hosts top batter.
- Maheesh Theekshana did not pick up a wicket in the last game but the Zimbabwe batters did struggle against him. It would not be a bad move to back him as Sri Lanka top bowler.
TV Channel : The matches can be watched on Sony Network.
Live Streaming: They will also be streamed on SonyLiv App. The info has been taken from a third party and is subjected to change.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather will be slightly cloudy in the evening, with the temperatures hovering around pleasing high 20s.
The surface was absolutely placid in the first game and there was nothing on offer for the bowlers, who are expected to be on the receiving end in the next game as well.
As we saw in the first game, the wicket got better as the game progresses. If there is no dew, teams should not have any hesitations in chasing.
W, W, L, W, W
✅ ✅ ❌ ✅ ✅
L, L, NR, W, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ✅ ❌
SL Team News:
- Sri Lanka looks a settled unit and the team would not be tinkering with their winning combination. Once they seal the series, there will be changes in the third ODI. For the second game though, they should field the same XI.
ZIM Team News:
- Luke Jongwe has done well for Zimbabwe in the last year and we are surprised that he did not find a place in the XI for the first game. We are expecting him to be in the XI for the second game.
K Mendis (wk)
D Shanaka (c)
R Chakabva (wk)
C Ervine (c)
T Chatara/L Jongwe
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Get Grand League Team in at the Bottom of this post.
Who will win today match: SL vs ZIM ODI Match Team
Zimbabwe showed that they are capable of scoring runs against the Lanka attack. However, the visitors bowling looks bleak and taking 10 wickets will be a challenge. Thus, we are backing Sri Lanka to win the next game as well.
SL Key Players:
Nissanka set up the chase of 297 beautifully with a blazing 75 off 71 balls in the first game. He is one of the bright prospects for Sri Lanka in future and will be keen to prove that he can consistently deliver for the team.
The batter has been in magnificent form. He was Sri Lanka leading run-scorer among specialist batters last year. He started 2022 with a blistering 71. He is another player who can turn out to be a match-winner for Sri Lanka.
Theekshana did not pick up a wicket in the last game but he was arguably the best Lankan bowler. He is expected to add some wickets to his tally in the next game.
ZIM Key Players:
Williams once again proved why he is one of the best Zimbabwe batters. The southpaw scored a brilliant hundred and binded the Zimbabwe inning, taking them to a decent total. The team will be expecting another such knock from him.
Chakabva carried on his golden run and scored 72 in the first game. He was in fine form last game and has made a good start to the new year. He is expected to come good.
We are expecting him to find a place in the team. Jongwe is very good at picking up wickets with the new and well as old ball. He is very accurate and does not give much away.
SL Team Form:
- With most of their batters in form, Lanka looks a well-oiled unit at the moment.
ZIM Team Form:
- Zimbabwe batted well in the last game but their bowling is looking slight concerning at the moment.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Apply below strategies to make your best dream team after the toss
1 Select small league team and rotate or change C/VC, also pick 1 punt player in place of player which you think will not perform
2 Make One sided winning combination for both team as per toss.
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
>Fantasy Cricket is a game of skill and luck is also very much important to win the grand league in dream11 or any other fantasy cricket leagues. We have covered the skill part.
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Kamindu Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(c), Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Chamika Gunasekara, Nuwan Pradeep, Praveen Jayawickrama, Ramesh Mendis, Shiran Fernando, Nuwan Thushara, Minod Bhanuka, Dushmantha Chameera.
Takudzwanashe Kaitano, Regis Chakabva(w), Craig Ervine(c), Sean Williams, Wesley Madhevere, Sikandar Raza, Ryan Burl, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Richard Ngarava, Clive Madande, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Milton Shumba, Luke Jongwe.