STR vs HUR Tips, Stats & Team for BBL T20 Match Prediction
Match: STR vs HUR T20 Match Prediction
Time: 21 January, 05:30 AM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Eliminator Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground - Melbourne, Australia
- Ian Cockbain top scored for Adelaide Strikers with 71 not out from 42 balls against Sydney Sixers. He is our tip for the Strikers highest run scorer in this game. Peter Siddle took 2-32 on Monday and is well worth backing as Adelaide Strikers top wicket taker against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Ben McDermott has hit 571 runs in this BBL and made another half-century on Wednesday. He is our pick for Hobart Hurricanes highest run scorer against Adelaide Strikers. None of the Hobart Hurricanes bowlers came out of the MCG with credit after conceding 273 against Melbourne Stars. However, Jordan Thompson was the best on show and is a strong choice for Hobart Hurricanes top wicket taker in this match.
- Whilst the rest of the players have been playing non-stop BBL games since December 5, Ian Cockbain has recently arrived in the tournament full of enthusiasm. He has made some valuable runs for the Strikers and is our prediction for the Player of the Match Award.
TV Channel : Seven Network and Fox Sports will show this game in Australia. In India, you can watch it on Sony Six. Sky Cricket have the rights in the UK with Willow TV showing the match in the USA. In South Africa you can watch it on SuperSport with Sky Sports showing the game in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature will be in the high 20s for the start of the game with clear skies as the evening sets in.
We saw the BBL team total record broken on Wednesday at the MCG and expect the surface to deliver plenty of runs again. Bowlers who take the pace off the ball should get some assistance from the wicket.
Both teams chose to field first in their last BBL games. We predict that both skippers will insert the opposition if they win the toss in this match.
W, W, W, L, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ✅
L, W, W, L, W
❌ ✅ ✅ ❌ ✅
STR Team News:
- Peter Siddles team were the surprise performers of the final weeks of the BBL group stage and they signed off with an impressive 8 wicket win over Sydney Sixers. Ian Cockbain has been an excellent batting addition and we predict the Strikers will be further boosted with the return of Ashes winners Travis Head and Alex Carey.
HUR Team News:
- Although they won the toss, not much else went well for the Hurricanes against Melbourne Stars as they conceded the highest total in a BBL match. After being used as an X-Factor sub, we expect to see Jordan Thompson come back into the XI in this fixture and be joined by Ashes hero Scott Boland.
Alex Carey (wk)
Peter Siddle (c)
Ben McDermott (wk)
Matthew Wade (c)
D Arcy Short
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Get Grand League Team in at the Bottom of this post.
Who will win today match: STR vs HUR BBL T20 Match Team
Although Hobart Hurricanes suffered a big defeat at the MCG on Wednesday, both teams come into this Eliminator fixture in good form. There are plenty of Ashes winners on show and it should be a very entertaining match. We are backing Adelaide Strikers to emerge with the victory.
STR Key Players:
The opener hit 50 runs from 31 balls to get Adelaide Strikers reply off to an excellent start against Sydney Sixers.
The 34 year old English batter arrived late in the group stage but contributed over 100 runs and was only dismissed once in his three BBL innings.
The experienced fast medium bowler topped the wicket takers list for the group stage. He took 23 wickets at an average of 18.73.
HUR Key Players:
The keeper-batter is the leading run-scorer in the competition and hit 6 boundaries at the top of the order on Wednesday.
The Hobart Hurricanes skipper took a short break a fortnight ago and he has returned in excellent form with the bat.
The bowling all-rounder has been used primarily as a bowler to good effect in this years tournament. However, he is also a talented batter when called upon.
STR Team Form:
- The Strikers looked down and out only a couple of weeks ago but have won four of their last five games and come into the Eliminator in excellent form.
HUR Team Form:
- Hobart Hurricanes have won two of their last four BBL 2022 games but were thrashed by Melbourne Stars at this ground on Wednesday.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Apply below strategies to make your best dream team after the toss
1 Select small league team and rotate or change C/VC, also pick 1 punt player in place of player which you think will not perform
2 Make One sided winning combination for both team as per toss.
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
>Fantasy Cricket is a game of skill and luck is also very much important to win the grand league in dream11 or any other fantasy cricket leagues. We have covered the skill part.
Matt Renshaw, Henry Hunt, Ian Cockbain, Jonathan Wells, Jake Weatherald , Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen (wk), Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle (c), Harry Conway, Fawad Ahmed, Liam Scott, Daniel Worrall, Matthew Short, Ryan Gibson, Liam O Connor.
Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott(w), Matthew Wade(c), D Arcy Short, Jordan Thompson, Tim David, Peter Handscomb, Josh Kann, Thomas Rogers, Riley Meredith, Sandeep Lamichhane, Mitchell Owen, Wil Parker, Gabe Bell, Will Sanders, Macalister Wright.