Today Match Prediction of Dream11 Team for STA vs REN BBL T20 Match Preview, Pitch Report, Playing XI, Player Form & Dream11 Team
STA vs REN Tips, Stats & Team for BBL T20 Match Prediction
Match: STA vs REN T20 Match Prediction
Time: 03 January, 13:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground - Melbourne
- Joe Clarke has hit half-centuries in his last three BBL games and is our pick for Melbourne Stars highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, spinner Qais Ahmed took 2-26 against Perth Scorchers and is well worth backing as Melbourne Stars top wicket taker against Melbourne Renegades.
- Mackenzie Harvey is Melbourne Renegades highest run scorer in the tournament. The young opener is a strong choice for Melbourne Renegades highest run scorer against Melbourne Stars. Reece Topley dismissed two of the top three batters in the Hobart Hurricanes line-up in the last game. The tall English pace bowler is our tip for Melbourne Renegades top wicket taker in this fixture.
- Joe Clarke recorded successive ducks before his run of half-centuries began. However, he is now one of the form batters in the tournament and the keeper-batter is our pick for the Player of The Match Award.
TV Channel : Seven Network and Fox Sports will show this game in Australia. In India, you can watch it on Sony Six. Sky Cricket have the rights in the UK with Willow TV showing the match in the USA. In South Africa you can watch it on SuperSport with Sky Sports showing the game in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature will be in the high teens with clear skies throughout Monday evening in Melbourne.
We expect a par score of around 185 on this pitch. The last BBL game at the Melbourne Cricket Ground saw individual scores of 103 and 99 not out. The surface will generate movement for medium pace bowlers.
We expect both teams to choose to field first in this game if they win the toss. Both teams lost the toss in their last matches.
L, W, L, L, W
❌ ✅ ❌ ❌ ✅
L, L, L, L, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
STA Team News:
- Although Glenn Maxwells side suffered a 50 run defeat against Perth Scorchers in their last game, we expect them to name an unchanged side for this match. With over half of their regular squad in isolation, they do not have many options.
REN Team News:
- As was the case before their abandoned game against Sydney Sixers, the Renegades will be without captain Nic Maddinson who has been called up to the Australia Test side. Bowler Kane Richardson will again captain the team for this match.
Joe Clarke (wk)
Glenn Maxwell (c)
Tom O Connell
Sam Harper (wk)
Kane Richardson (c)
Small League Team: After-Toss Team Updated
Who will win today match: STA vs REN BBL T20 Match Team
A derby game is always exciting and this game has particular interest due to the new players in the Melbourne Stars line-up. Neither team is in good form and both are in the bottom three spots but we are backing Melbourne Stars to come out on top.
STA Key Players:
The English keeper-batter has gone four games without taking a catch but is in fine form with the bat at the top of the order.
The Stars captain made only 4 from 7 balls on Sunday and was expensive with the ball conceding 38 from 4 overs.
The young Afghan leg-spinner took 2-26 and dismissed Aaron Hardie and Ashton Agar against Perth Scorchers.
REN Key Players:
the young opener has been one of very few positives for Melbourne Renegades this season. He has hit 191 runs so far in this BBL.
The English pace bowler returned highly impressive figures of 2-17 from 4 overs in spite of the team conceding 206 runs against Hobart Hurricanes.
The Australian pace bowler struggled against the form batter Ben McDermott and conceded 63 runs in the last match. The team will be hoping that the captaincy brings an upturn in performance.
STA Team Form:
- The Stars have won only one of their last four games but showed plenty of character in their defeat to Perth Scorchers.
REN Team Form:
- The Melbourne Renegades have now not won a game since early December and have suffered some big defeats in the matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Travis Dean, Patrick Rowe(w), Glenn Maxwell(c), Charlie Wakim, Hilton Cartwright, Tom O Connell, Justin Avendano, Xavier Crone, Qais Ahmad, Brody Couch, Haris Rauf, Lachlan Bangs, Ahmed Daniyal.
Mackenzie Harvey, Sam Harper(w), Aaron Finch, Nic Maddinson(c), James Seymour, Jake Fraser, Mohammad Nabi, Jack Prestwidge, Will Sutherland, Kane Richardson, Reece Topley, Zahir Khan, Zak Evans, Josh Lalor, Jonathan Merlo, James Pattinson, Mitchell Perry, Shaun Marsh.