Today Match Dream11 Team HEA vs STR BBL T20 Match Preview, Pitch Report, Playing XI, Player Form & Dream11 Team
HEA vs STR Tips, Stats & Team for BBL T20 Match Prediction
Match: HEA vs STR T20 Match Prediction
Time: 12 January, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: The Gabba - Brisbane, Australia
- Jake Lehmann hit a half-century in his first BBL game of the season against the Renegades and is our pick for Brisbane Heats highest run scorer against Adelaide Strikers. With the ball, Will Prestwidge was the only wicket taker for the Heat against Hobart Hurricanes. The pace bowler is a strong choice for Brisbane Heats top wicket taker in this match.
- Jonathan Wells hit 68 from 56 balls for Adelaide Strikers on Monday. He was the only player in the team to score more than 14 and he is well worth backing as their highest run scorer in this game. Peter Siddle has 7 wickets from the last two BBL fixtures. The Adelaide Strikers skipper is our tip for their top wicket taker against Brisbane Heat.
- Will Prestwidge should enjoy the pacey wicket at the Gabba. He is our prediction for the Player of the Match Award.
TV Channel : Seven Network and Fox Sports will show this game in Australia. In India, you can watch it on Sony Six. Sky Cricket have the rights in the UK with Willow TV showing the match in the USA. In South Africa you can watch it on SuperSport with Sky Sports showing the game in New Zealand.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny conditions with give way to clear evening skies with the temperature remaining above 20 degrees throughout.
The Gabba surface will be conducive to big hitting and fast bowling. We expect a par score to be 180-185 with spinners struggling to keep the runs down.
The last time they won the toss, Adelaide Strikers chose to field first. We expect Brisbane Heat to bat first irrespective of which skipper wins the toss.
L, L, W, L, L
❌ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌
L, W, L, L, L
❌ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌
HEA Team News:
- Although some of the Brisbane Heat squad will now be ending their periods of isolation, we do not expect to see a large number return to the squad immediately for this game. They were well beaten by Hobart Hurricanes but Lachlan Pfeffer stood out with the bat and we do not expect to see any changes in the XI.
STR Team News:
- Top order batter Matthew Renshaw missed the defeat to Melbourne Stars due to isolation and he will continue to be unavailable for this fixture. We expect Jonathan Wells to be pushed up the order after he outperformed the rest of the side in Mondays game.
Lachlan Pfeffer (wk)
Tom Cooper (c)
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Harry Nielsen (wk)
Who will win today match: HEA vs STR BBL T20 Match Team
Neither team comes into this game in strong form and it may be a case of which team makes the least mistakes who wins. Equally, it could take one big individual innings to win the match. We are predicting a close game but with Adelaide Strikers stronger bowling attack taking them to victory.
HEA Key Players:
The left-handed batter was tipped for international honours a few years ago but has struggled to kick on with his career. This opportunity at the top of the order for Brisbane Heat is one he must embrace.
The keeper-batter had an excellent game against Hobart Hurricanes. He took a catch to remove Caleb Jewell in the field after hitting 69 from 51 balls with the bat.
The 19 year old pace bowler went wicketless in his debut BBL appearance but returned with the wickets of Jewell and BBL leading run scorer Ben McDermott on Saturday.
STR Key Players:
Batting at number four in the line-up, Wells scored just under 50% of his teams total on Monday. It was his second half-century of the tournament.
The Afghan leg-spinner has taken 14 wickets in the BBL 2021-22 but batters are typically playing him in a defensive manner this season.
The experienced pace bowler continues to defy the critics and he is now the joint leading wicket-taker in the competition.
HEA Team Form:
- Brisbane Heat have won only one of their last five games and they desperately need to string some wins together.
STR Team Form:
- No other team in the competition has won as few games as Adelaide Strikers. At the moment their returns with the bat are not good enough.
Small League Team: After-Toss
Grand League Team: After-Toss
Jake Lehmann, Jack Clayton, Lachlan Pfeffer (wk), Sam Heazlett, Tom Cooper (c), Jack Wood, Steven McGiffin, Will Prestwidge, Paddy Dooley, David Grant, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fakhar Zaman, Ronan McDonald, Bryce Street.
Matthew Short, Henry Hunt, Jake Weatherald , Jonathan Wells, Thomas Kelly, Ryan Gibson, Harry Nielsen (wk), Rashid Khan, Harry Conway, Peter Siddle (c), Fawad Ahmed, Liam Scott, Henry Thornton, Matt Renshaw, Wes Agar, Daniel Worrall.