Today Match Prediction of Dream11 Team for IND vs SA 2nd Test Match Preview, Pitch Report, Playing XI, Player Form & Dream11 Team
IND vs SA Tips, Stats & Team for Test Match Prediction
Match: SA vs IND Test Match Prediction
Time: 03 January, 13:30 PM (IST)
Series: 2nd Test Match
Venue: Wanderers Stadium - Johannesburg, South Africa
- While Virat Kohli had a quiet 2021, we feel he will start the new year with a bang. The reason we are backing Virat Kohli to top score for India is his staggering record at the Wanderers where he has scored one hundred and two fifties in four innings.
- Mohammed Shami was unplayable at times in the Centurion Test. Shami has always been India biggest match-winner in overseas conditions due to his ability to seam the ball. He will once again pose a serious threat on a challenging Wanderers wicket. Back him as India top bowler.
- Lungi Ngidi has troubled the Indian batters every time he has played against them and we feel he will be challenging to face in Johannesburg as well. We are putting our weight behind Ngidi to be South Africa best bowler in the match.
TV Channel : The series will be broadcasted on Star Network in India.
Live Streaming: Live streaming of the series will be available on Disney Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather is not very promising and barring Day 3, each of the remaining four Days have plenty of rain predicted. We are in for a lot of delays in Johannesburg.
The surface will pose enough challenges to the batters. It is one of the toughest surfaces to bat in South Africa. Barring Day 2 and 3, where the wicket improves significantly, it shall be a real test of skills for the batters.
Wanderers is not a wicket where the teams will be keen to chase. Both Virat Kohli and Dean Elgar should bat first if they win the toss.
L, W, W, L, L
❌ ✅ ✅ ❌ ❌
W, W, D, W, L
✅ ✅ ❌ ✅ ❌
SA Team News:
- Quinton de Kock has announced his retirement from Test cricket and will not be part of the South Africa team going forward. Kyle Verreynne is likely to replace him.
IND Team News:
- There were a few concerns regarding the fitness of Jasprit Bumrah who had twisted his ankle in the first Test. However, he looks good to go. The big question though remains if India will bring in Shreyas Iyer in place of Ajinkya Rahane or Cheteshwar Pujara? We do not think so.
Dean Elgar (c)
Rassie van der Dussen
Kyle Verreynne (wk)
Virat Kohli (c)
Rishabh Pant (wk)
Small League Team: After-Toss Team Updated
Who will win today match: SA vs IND Test Match Team
While India batting is struggling, the form of KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal covers up the flaws. Also, Ajinkya Rahane and Virat Kohli scored some runs in the last game. South Africa, on the other hand, have a very vulnerable batting. India have never lost to South Africa in Johannesburg and we feel the trend will continue. India are big favourites in the match.
SA Key Players:
Dean Elgar waged a lone battle in the second innings of the first Test and proved his mettle by scoring a gritty 77. He is one of the few batters in the Proteas team who can take on the fearsome Indian attack and help South Africa post a decent score. However, he shall need to score a big hundred for his side.
The ODI skipper needs to lend some support to the Test skipper. Bavuma has all the skills required to succeed in Test Cricket and this is the time for him to step up and prove his value to the test team. Bavuma displayed his skills for a brief period in the second innings of the first Test and scored 35 of 80 balls. However, he shall need to double or triple this score in the next game if South Africa have to reach a respectable total.
Ngidi has troubled the Indian batters ever since he made his debut in India last tour to South Africa. The pacer took five wickets in the first innings of the last Test and helped South Africa claw back into the game.
IND Key Players:
Rahul seems to be batting on a different planet. After a successful tour of England, the batter started the South Africa tour with a breathtaking hundred. He looks very focused and determined to play big knocks. Given India middle-order woes, he will be vital for India chances.
The skipper has been going through a dry run. He has even not scored a century in 2 years. However, his stats are very promising in Johannesburg. Kohli has scores of 119, 96, 54 and 41 at Wanderers. He shall be eyeing to get the monkey off his back and score a big hundred in the coming game.
While every Indian bowler is a match-winner on his day, Shami has looked the most threatening of them all. He blew Proteas batting in the first Test and led India to a win. South Africa batters should be in for some hard time against hostile Indian bowling.
SA Team Form:
- South Africa last played against West Indies and won the series 2-0. However, they are on the verge of losing a series against India. They have never beaten India at the Wanderers.
IND Team Form:
- India has been on a rampage in the last few years, having won series in Australia and taking a 2-1 lead in England. A win in Wanderers will give India their first series win in South Africa.
Grand League Team: After-Toss Team Updated
Dean Elgar(c), Aiden Markram, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen, Temba Bavuma, Kyle Verreynne(w), Wiaan Mulder, Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Prenelan Subrayen, Beuran Hendricks, Duanne Olivier, Sisanda Magala, George Linde, Sarel Erwee, Ryan Rickelton, Glenton Stuurman.
KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant(w), Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Jayant Yadav, Hanuma Vihari, Priyank Panchal, Shreyas Iyer, Wriddhiman Saha.